1. Temporary Staff are supplied at short notice and are available to work in client’s premises for periods from one day (Minimum 4 hours per day)
We take responsibility for payment of remuneration and the deduction and payment of PAYE and National Insurance contributions.
2. Hourly charges are advised at the time of the booking and are invoiced weekly. Invoices (which largely represent wage costs borne by us) are payable within 7 days of invoice date and in default of payment within this time interest will be charged on late payments at the rate of 4% above Barclays Base Rate prevailing from time to time from the date of invoice until payment.
3. Whilst every effort is made by us to maintain high standards of integrity and reliability among our Temporaries and to provide staff in accordance with the bookings, by reason of the human element involved, no liability can be accepted by us for any loss, expense, damage or delay arising from any failure to provide staff for all or part of the period of the booking or from negligence, dishonesty, misconduct or the lack of skill of the staff provided.
4. In the event of a Temporary provided by us being considered by the client unsuitable to carry out the engagement, the client will notify us within the first 4 hours by telephone and confirm notification in writing. If the Temporary’s services are discontinued no charge will be made for those hours worked
5. Clients engaging members or former members of our Temporary Staff as their own Employees or introducing them to Employers with a resultant engagement, whether permanently or for a limited period, and whether the offer of employment is made during or at any time within six months after the termination of the temporary engagement, must notify us immediately and pay the full fee appropriate for the engagement of permanent staff.
6. The Client shall provide a suitable place for Temporaries to work, which shall comply with all applicable statutes, bye-laws, obligations, duties, regulations and legal requirements and also with the standards of health and safety maintained by the Client for its own employees.
7. The Client will ensure that its working arrangements and practices comply with all of the provisions of Working Time Regulations 1998 (“the Regulations”) in respect of the Temporaries as if it is the employer of them for the purposes of the Regulations. The Client also agrees to indemnify us against all claim costs, expenses and any other liabilities incurred by us as a result of, in connection with or arising out of its failure to comply with its obligations arising by virtue of this clause and/or the Regulations.
8. Acceptance of the services of our Temporary Staff will be deemed acceptance of our Terms.